Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Another Way to Show Support...

  Do you want to show your support for The Market in the Glen, but are not quite sure how? Perhaps I don't sell what you're into or it doesn't match your well planned home decor? Don't worry because there are many ways to show support without spending very much time or money. Below is a list of things you can do to show your support for me, my shop, the handmade movement and all the independent business people at Etsy.

1. Word of Mouth is one of the best forms of advertisement for online shops as well as brick and mortar stores. Pass on my blog, shop or photo website information to anyone you think might be interested. This doesn't mean spam your friends and family, but if you know someone who might like what I sell then send them a friendly note.
  You can also copy, paste and send along the following information:

 Check out The Market in the Glen!
Shop: www.themarketintheglen.etsy.com
Blog: www.themarketintheglen.blogspot.com
Photos: www.flickr.com/photos/themarketintheglen
Email: themarketintheglen@gmail.com

2. Join and create an Etsy account. This is easy, free and has no strings attached. They won't sell your information or send you lots of junk in your email. This is required to buy anything from an Etsy seller and it is to protect you in case the seller doesn't make good on the sale.

Personal Testimony:
I can personally relate that I have had one experience with a product I paid for never reaching me, so I filed a grievance with Etsy. I was refunded my money and that seller was shut down.

3. I have also created a Wish List through my shop's Favorites to allow for you to donate items I need to help my business grow. These items range in price and necessity to allow you to make a donation you are comfortable with. You may have it shipped directly to me or we can meet locally for coffee and some catch-up.

4. Let the world know how much you like my shop. If you have an Etsy account you can add me as a Favorite or "heart" one of my items. You can click the buttons on the sidebar of this blog to follow my journey through email allowing you to get the most up-to-date information. If you have a Flickr account you can also comment and favorite my photos.

5. Send an encouraging word my way. The hardest part of starting a business is all the obstacles and pitfalls that one encounters in the very beginning. This is largely because it is always a learning process and it takes a bit to get the swing of things. Any kind words, advice, gentle criticism, etc. are always appreciated and often the kind of thing that leads to inspiration.

For those of you who have already been showing your support- Thank YOU! I really do appreciate all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment