Tonight my foodie partner made a delicious dessert that was not only beautiful, but ridiculously yummy! I love summer-time and all the fruit that is available, so I thought I would share this cool treat with you so that you can impress your guests/family/self without feeling too guilty about the calorie count.
Prep Time: 15 minutes (unless you have to run out to get the sugar you forgot)
Cook Time: 7 minutes (do this ahead of time, if needed)
1-2 Mangoes, pitted, peeled and diced (ripen via bag-in-refrigerator method beforehand, if needed)
1-3 Cups Blueberries
1/2 Cup Sugar
5 Mint leaves
1 qt. Vanilla Frozen Yogurt
1. In a large bowl combine diced mangoes and blueberries; set aside
2. Using a veggie peeler, remove the peel from limes in strips; set aside. Juice limes to measure 3 tbsp. juice; set aside.
3. In a small saucepan bring 1/2 cup water, lime peel, sugar, and mint to boiling over medium-high heat; stir until all sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove syrup from heat.
4. Place syrup in small bowl. Stir in lime juice; let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Remove peel and mint; discard.
5. Drizzle syrup over fruit; toss to coat.
6. Scoop yogurt into individual dessert dishes and spoon fruit over yogurt. Serve and Enjoy!
Nutritional Info- 230 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 4mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 5g protein
Full Recipe- Serves 8
*The ingredient list is listed with so many ranges because it should really be to taste and what is available fresh in your area. Also, there are only two of us, so we reduced it to the lowest number to have less waste and less added to our waist.
**The maxium number of limes can be too much if you are not a fan, so reduce as you see fit.
***The ripen via bag-in-refrigerator method means that you may need to buy your mangoes a couple of days in advance, seal them in a bag and place them in the refrigerator. If you are really pressed for time, place them with a banana in a sealed bag.
****Steps 3 and 4 can be done ahead of time and saved in the refrigerator a day or two until the family BBQ. Wait to do Step 5 until right before serving or the fruit will go bad.
*****Garnish with mint leaves if you are feeling extra fancy.
A new home for The Rogue + The Wolf
5 years ago