Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Etsy Trade Success!

I have been offered many trades at my shop on Etsy, but none of them have intrigued me enough to participate (unfortunately, money is a necessity to continue my hobby) until Annie Carvalho, a fiber artist, came along. Immediately her work stood out and I saw an opportunity to get my dog, Jersey immortalized in soft, lifelike felt and grabbed at the chance!

I was nervous at first to put myself out there and risk all the hours/dollars, but we swapped many emails and pictures, which helped to ease my fears. I finally sent off the infamous Hobbit Hole with the same trepidation I always feel when I send one of my creations out into the world, but I was enthusiastic to receive my sculpture and felt it was truly worth it.

I know I am not alone when I say that I love to receive mail (sans bills), so when I saw the little postage box waiting for me today after work I was so giddy I couldn't get in the door fast enough. After ripping through the packing tape, I gently lifted out my very own, miniature sculpture of my favorite furry buddy. It was so much more than I could have imagined and well worth the wait! It will serve as a precious memorial long after she is gone.





Check out the Hobbit Hole at its new home as a photo prop for Annie Carvalho's whimsical fiber sculptures!

1 comment:

  1. I just loved doing the sculpture of Jersey!
    I'm so happy that you love it!
    Thanks for the Blog-spotlight!
    Kind Regards,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete