Search This Blog

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yummies- Pumpkin Cookies

I look forward to autumn every year! From its festivals, costumes, decorations, changing leaves, and bonfires, but especially the food. I really enjoy the warm, hearty foods like roasts, mashed potatoes, soups, green beans, squash and tart cranberry sauce, but I absolutely love all things pumpkin!

My favorite among favorites are the pumpkin cookies from our local gourmet food store Art Mart. The smell alone of pumpkin spices baking have me dreaming of the cookies alongside a tall, ice-cold class of milk. I have found recipes that are similar, but nothing beats Art Mart's homemade goodness and the tradition of a once-a-year treat. I consume an unhealthy amount to satisfy my year-long lust and they are worth every single calorie.

My family's other must-have every autumn is a trip to Curtis Orchard where we stock up on apple butter, homemade doughnuts, cider, mulling spices and every variety of fancy pumpkin we can find. This is truly our favorite time of year and we pull out all the stops from creepy decor to true pumpkin carving art. We do out best to savor the cinnamon and cider while the weather stills permits because cold November rain is just around the corner!

Keep watching for more photos of our pumpkin creations.

1 comment:

  1. yummm I can almost smell those pumpkin cookies and all that apple goodness from the orchards. So happy to have stumbled across your blog this evening! Hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete