Search This Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Tips & Tricks- Metal Stamping

The end of the school year has kept me pretty busy, but I did have time to explore my new stamping die set by Making Memories with my new metal blanks by Vintaj.
I haven't got a chance to try out the distressing kit, also by Making Memories, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Two things I learned are:
1) Don't use the hammer from their Tool Kit because it isn't strong enough and isn't well made. I was more successful with a carpentry hammer.
3) Concrete is the best surface for hammering your pieces against. It won't slip, crack, or bounce. Mostly it provides a firm surface for the stamp to press against making the letters crisp and clear the first time.

Below are my first results for a "Welcome" sign for a new wee house. Now I just have to find a wee nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment