Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Welcome One and All!

  Today marks the beginning of my first formal contribution to the world-wide crafting community! For too long I have been a watcher, participating only in my rare free-time, and silently wishing I were brave enough to do what I love. Crafting, like reading or playing an instrument, puts me in that peaceful place where I am free to be me and free from the mundane stresses of life. About six months ago, I decided to aggressively pursue my passions.

 It turns out that my background in environmental restoration, B.A. in English lit., artistic family history, nature-loving childhood, vast library of children's literature, passion for learning, and teaching experience, as well as experience in Mom & Pop toy sales, have all converged to inspire me to create beautiful, durable children's toys that inspire the imagination.

 The following posts will be a documentation of the creative journey I am on to becoming a young businesswoman and connected crafter. Along with a passion for children, I also garden at home and at my school, read extensively, and generally seek out beautiful things in my life. I hope to be able to share all of these with you, as well as my triumphs and tribulations creating my first Etsy shop.

 I can't wait to connect with you and learn from you, so please don't hesitate to contact me with comments, responses, suggestions, constructive criticisms, requests and whatnot. It's all about community!

 Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment